Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Santa Around the World ‘95 Trading Cards

Those of you that know me well know that I really like collecting trading cards. And those of you that know me kind of well know that I like Christmas (duh). So it was really hard for me to pass up a three box bundle of Santa Around the World ‘95 trading cards on eBay for super cheap. I tried to record a box opening, but my camera was only able to hold 20 seconds worth of footage. It‘s okay because I probably sounded like a huge tool. I didn‘t even notice this until I was halfway through my second box, but apparently these were printed in Des Plaines and distributed from Mount Prospect. Got some hometown heroes up in here. Anyways, on to the cards! (Please excuse the poor quality photos)

Base Set Pg. 1


Base Set Pg. 2
Base Set Pg. 3 

Base Set Pg. 4

Base Set Pg. 5

Base Set Pg. 6

Base Set Pg. 7

Base Set Pg. 8

An order form (card) for Santa Around the World merch

“Santa‘s Children“ Chase Cards. 1 out of 36 packs
The odds seem more like a guarantee since each
box has 36 packs and I pulled 3. Comes in
4 different designs. I pulled 2 of the 4.
Pretty boring for a chase card, IMO 

SANTA HOLO CARDS! 1 in 6 packs. Odds might be
a little off since I pulled seven out of one of the boxes.
These are neat, but the artwork they used is
so lame compared to the others in the
entire set. I sleeved them because I‘m  a tool and
I might get them graded. 

Santa Phone Cards: 1 out of 108 packs. I pulled
two. Again the odds were exact, however
there is still a little bit of luck involved
seeing that the first box I opened didn‘t
have one. These were probably really
cool to pull in 1995. Were phone cards
a big deal at that time? I was 8 so I don‘t
really remember. I like to imagine someone
calling their SO and being like “I saved my Santa
card for you, babe.“ So romantic. I guess these are
kind of neat seeing that they‘re individually
numbered. Mine are 280 and 721 out of 1750
pressed. There‘s the record collector in me talking.
I assume they aren‘t worth anything so I‘ll
just put them in my binder and forget about
them. I don‘t think PSA grades phone-cards.

The Box

Pack Art
Mexican Santa: historically accurate, or racist? I‘m going with racist. 
Well, that about does it. There was another “chase“ card, if you even want to call it that. 1 out of 720 had a card redeemable for a 22 carat gold Santa card. It wouldn‘t have mattered if I pulled it seeing that the promotion is nearly 20 years old and has undoubtedly ended. I have a ridiculous amount of these cards, so if you‘re looking for a complete base set of these cards you know where to find me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment