Friday, December 5, 2014

Santa‘s Pocket Watch

For the past few years my friends and I have had this tradition where we get drunk and watch Holiday cartoons. We never really plan it and it always seems to happen naturally. I touched on this a little bit in the initial post on this blog, but this is one of the many reasons why I love Christmas. I guess you can say I‘m a sucker for sappy, sentimental traditions.

We typically search for new cartoons to watch each Holiday season, but there‘s one cartoon that always falls into our rotation. In fact, we typically save it as our grand finale. I need to be at least six beers deep before we watch it.

Santa‘s Pocket Watch. 

I hate to say it, but I think our love for this movie initially started off as a little ironic, but its charm is really hard to avoid. The entire film is voiced by one surly English man, and the soundtrack sounds like something written by 2003-era Mike Kinsella (pre-neck tattoo). The story is extremely basic, but it has such a natural warmth that you won‘t really care or even notice. We love this cartoon so much that we plan to one day make our own live action version of it.

So grab a beer (or six) and watch what we at xCHRISTMASxFOREVERx consider to be the unsung hero of Holiday classics.

(BTW, if anyone can find a copy of the soundtrack I will give them a piece of Christmas Gold)



No comments:

Post a Comment